|Tarja Tuupanen (born 1973 FI) has studied jewellery and stonework in Lappeenranta in South Carelia Polytechnic, Finland (BA 1999) and she graduated as MFA from Ädellab, Konstfack University College of Arts, Crafts and Design (SE) in 2013. Since 1997 she has taken part in exhibitions internationally, both in group and solo shows. In addition working as an artist, she has been giving workshops in Finland and abroad, in schools like in Saimaa University of Applied Scienses in Lappeenranta Finland and China Academy of Art, Hangzhou. She is a member of Hibernate-group and the chairwoman in The Finnish Jewelry Art Association.
Stone has always been her main material as a jewellery artist, her practice is dominated by it. The relationship to it is so thorough that it becomes more than just a material to begin with.
|Melanie Isverding (born 1978) . In 2014 – 2019 she holded the position of the assistant in the Jewelry Department of the Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design Halle working with Prof. Daniel Kruger (until Jan. 2017)/ now Prof. Hans Stofer. Simce 2019 Professor, Department for Metal Design - Jewellery/ Objects, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hildesheim. She has had several international solo exhibitions: 2019 - Erfurter Schmucksymposium | Angermuseum, Erfurt (DE) ,
Welcome to enter! | Gallery Haluzinarium, Bucharest (RO) , SCHMUCK 2019 | IHM, München (DE)
Her works are in the collections of: Gallery Marzee, Nijmegen (NL), Collection Spengler-Somloì (HU), CODA Museum, Apeldoorn (NL), Cooper Hewitt – Smithsonian Design Museum, New York (US).
Associated with the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, where in 2014 she defended her doctoral dissertation and teaches styling and prototyping. Together with Dr hab. Marta Flisykowska, she analyses the impact of additive technologies on aesthetics in design. She is a jewellery designer by profession. The themes of her designs revolve around the socio-economic context of jewellery. She has participated in multiple international exhibitions and competitions. She co-forms the Design Studio of S&A, a leading jewellery manufacturer, where she designs models for serial production.
|Ewa Rachoń – independent consultant in amber and jewellery projects, Gdańsk, Poland
Professional experience and achievements:
• Author of the concept and project director of the Amberif and Ambermart Fairs in years 1994 – 2019.
• Active contributor to amber-related organisations and projects aimed at securing the certification and terminology of Baltic amber and at introducing amber to the international jewellery and gems industry.
• Advocate of the development of contemporary design through international competitions addressed to jewellery designers and the participants in the amber fairs.
• Propagator of knowledge and research on Baltic amber through a series of popular science seminars organised in partnership with the Museum of the Earth of the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN), Technical University of Gdańsk and the International Amber Association.
• Creator and coordinator of fashion shows in collaboration with artists, jewellery and fashion designers.
• Member of the World Amber Council established by the Mayor of the City of Gdańsk, since 2008
• Member of the Council of the Amber Museum, branch of the Gdańsk History Museum, since 2005
• Amber Personality of the Year 2002 – honorary title awarded by the International Amber Association for her dissertation on Baltic amber as a brand.